A popular meta search engine which can be asked questions in English.
SEO, Page Rank, Deep Linking, Linkage
Ask Jeeves search engine
Internet grew as an ocean of data and information. Now- a - days it is an integral part of day - to - day work. Because of immense pool of information it became almost impossible for a user to fetch the desired and relevant information.
This led to the evolution of 'Search Engines'. Today 80% of the web-site visitors come through 'Search Engines'.
Looking back in the history of 'Search Engines' Archie was the first Search Engine developed in 1990 by Alan Emtage , a student at McGill University in Montreal.
Among the popular series of search engines Ask Jeeves is another such name.
The strength behind Ask Jeeves is Teoma algorithm which is known as ExpertRank algorithm now a days.
Important Dates in the history of Ask Jeeves
- September 23, 2005 the company announced plans to phase out Jeeves.
- February 27, 2006 the character disappeared from Ask.com.
- March 2009, Ask.com returned the character.
- June 5, 2007 the site relaunched with a new, more simplistic look.
- December 2007, Ask released the AskEraser feature,allowing users to opt-out from tracking of search queries and IP and cookie values.
- July 4, 2008 Ask.com announced the acquisition of Lexico Publishing Group.
- April 20, 2009 the search engine was once again rebranded as Ask Jeeves in the UK, with a new 3D character and logo.
- January 14, 2009, Ask.com became the official sponsor of NASCAR driver Bobby Labonte's #96 car.
- July 1999 to July 2005 Ask Jeeves, Inc. stock traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange
- July 2005, the ASKJ ticker was retired upon the closing of the acquisition by IAC/InterActiveCorp, valuing ASKJ at $1.85 billion.
Ask Jeeves owns some country specific sites like that of UK, Germany, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, and Spain.
Internationally Ask Jeeves operates in localized languages like:
- Ask Jeeves (United Kingdom)
- Ask.de (Germany)
- Ask.es (Spain)
- Ask.it (Italy)
- Ask.jp (Japan)
- Ask.nl (Netherlands)
Ask Jeeves also supports Ask.com toolbar which can be easily downloaded from the web site. Internet, local desktop, and email searching, the ability to save and share web pages and images, personalizable news feeds, stock portfolios, weather forecasts, maps, and related services are the features provided by Ask toolbar. In 2005- 2006 Ask toolbar was considered as malware or spyware by leading anti-spyware providers, like Spybot, McAfee, TrendMicro and many more.But now this is accepted as Ask.com has ties with these companies. Firefox/Internet Explorer supports Ask toolbar.
Ask Jeeves was launched in 1996 Garrett Gruener and David Warthen in Berkeley, California. The word Jeeves in Ask Jeeves signifies "gentleman's personal gentleman".
The idea behind Ask Jeeves was to get answers to questions posed in everyday, natural language. It supports simple language English as well as traditional keywords.
Askkids.com :Recently Ask Jeeves launched a search engine for kids ie. //www.askkids.com/
Ask Kids is specially designed for children between age group 6-12.It uses graphically vivid three-panel display that includes SmartAnswers and related images, current events, videos and encyclopedia results for better visual learning.
This site insures parents their kids are safe from accessing inappropriate content on the internet and help kids to look for educational resources, without having to stumble upon things that are not for them.